Sunday, June 5, 2011

Singing Songs

Tonight the girls had a request at bedtime that has not been asked in awhile, they asked if I would sing them a song.  It was already WAY past bedtime and they had ALREADY been out of bed 5 different times, but for some reason I had a sense that I needed to stop and fulfill this request.  As I paused for a moment in silence I could hear Jon in the next room, which we have all labeled the "packing room" packing away.  You could hear him moving boxes and placing items into our newly bought crates.  As I heard these noises it dawned on me that the girls are probably having some thoughts of..."Wow, we really are moving....Daddy is packing up our favorite toys...and we are leaving what we have called home."  So, I stopped and I sang one of their favorite songs, "Jesus Loves Me".  After I sang, we prayed and I reminded them that even after Mommy finishes singing then God, our Father continues singing over them as they sleep. (Zephaniah 3:17 "The Lord your God is with you, he is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, he will quiet you with his love, he will rejoice over you with singing.”  Oh, how comforting!!!  :)  As I left my soul was at peace too...just being reminded the Lord MY GOD is with me even when my life right now seems a little CRAZY!!!!  This seems so crazy but I am having issues just trying to go through my closest that is already pretty small...I mean, HELLO...we live in a house that was built in the 1920's...and dwindle down my clothes selections...because goodness gracious...I have SO many clothes!  How are we going to fit EVERYTHING that we want into 4 crates and 4 bags?  I have two crates with schools supplies and toys...is that crazy?  AHHHAAA...silly...but you know what...I know that God will take delight in me, even in this CRAZINESS and he will quiet me with his love and he will rejoice over me with singing...so I AM GOOD!  So these are my thoughts from a very tired mom and wife.  We are looking forward to tomorrow...the girls are going to VBS and Jon and I are headed to Jackson for a day of paperwork! :)  ..."he will quiet me with his love"...

1 comment:

  1. Rachel,
    I am so happy and blessed that you decided to blog. Thank you
    Wanda STrickland

    ReplyDelete