Tuesday, July 12, 2011

The "See You Later's"

So much has happened over the past few weeks it is hard to even describe everything.  We finished PFO (pre-field orientation) with NICS (Network of International Christian Schools) which is always an exciting time of year.  I love seeing ALL of the teachers preparing to go overseas some for the first time, some for the second or third time…ALL ready to leave everything and serve the LORD with the gift that HE has given them through teaching.  I have the honor of serving the children of the parents that are going and I absolutely LOVE it.  Love working with other teachers to prepare these young boys and girls for the adventure of a life time.  They will be change forever! 

(This is Kierra and I at PFO (Pre-Field Orientation) getting ready to go on one of their MANY field trips!)

It was a blessing to be able to meet several of the new teachers going to Rio and being able to bond with them BEFORE arriving in Rio.  Kierra got to meet her 6th grade teacher and as Kierra put it, “She is VERY NICE!”  What a blessing! 


This is our RIS (Rio International School) group!!!  We are So excited to be going with such GREAT TEACHERS and staff!!!!  :)  They are AWESOME!!!  :)  Of course this is just the new staff (well, two of them were already teachers in Rio, but came to PFO).  We can't wait to meet the other teachers and see the ones we already know! 

I also had the opportunity to meet with the local NICS staff so that they could brief me about a few things that I will be facing when I arrive as lead teacher/5th grade teacher.  This was a wonderful blessing.  Jon also had the opportunity to meet briefly with the director of our school and one other teacher that will be helping with chapel and they started bouncing ideas around about this years chapel.  Jon is so excited about what God is preparing. 

We have also started communicating with a couple of teachers in Rio and one teacher and her family, in particular, has really blessed us.  They have mentioned their heart for discipleship and that they came to Rio to plant a church but have had many obstacles along the way.  We can’t wait to see what God has in store for this family. 

As PFO ended we realized it was a bitter-sweet thing it was…now it meant that the “real” goodbyes began.  We leave on August the 4th, yes Kierra’s birthday, and arrive in Rio on the 5th.  We have already had to say one goodbye that completely devastated me.  It was to one of Jon’s dear friends.  WE know we will see him again, so we are learning to say….”See you later” instead of “goodbye”, because goodbye seems so permanent. 

Okay, so I know this picture is small, but I had to include these WILD ladies!!!  :)  I love them!  They have meant SO much to me over the past 3 years.  They have encouraged me to follow hard after the LORD and when I don't ...IT IS OKAY...they help me stand up and continue to encourage me!  :)  Praise YOU JESUS for the role model on TRUE discipleship...use imperfect people.  JON and I are BOTH blessed by our church investing in us.  May we continue to do the same!  :) 

I did have a wonderful lunch with my accountability group and once again…NOT “goodbye”, just “see you later”.  We ask that you continue to pray as we are preparing….for the “see you later’s”.

*****IMPORTANT UPDATE!!!!  As I was finishing this BLOG, our realtor called....
the lady that was going to lease/purchase on the 15th ...well...it doesn't look like it is going to happen! :(  Pray for wisdom and discernment as we decided what to do.... 

No comments:

Post a Comment