Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Babellings turned to Confessions

Languages...English, Spanish, and now Portuguese...I have had to remind others AND MYSELF that learning a second or third (or for some of our students even fourth) language is NOT meant to be easy.  In Genesis 11:1-9 the story is told of God confusing the languages because of mankind's.....drum roll .............PRIDE!!!!  Surprise, surprise!  


Well, I have always loved that story when it comes to explaining languages and encouraging others not to get discouraged when learning a new language, BUT today....something new happened....Because YOU know GOD's WORD is ALIVE....ACTIVE and it penetrates like a double edged sword....and this was a FRESH word that I needed to hear...even though I have read this bit of passage SO MANY times!!!!  Oh, I LOVE My FATHER! I want to share my notes from my journal this morning....hoping to be transparent...to ask you to pray for me...and to encourage you....


January 4, 2012
"Father, like the people at Babel who became prideful and REFUSED to MOVE, to OBEY....forgive ME!  Forgive me for not wanting to move when YOU want me to move...forgive me for digging my heals into the ground when I want something ..... Father, I am your clay, in your hands, may I not become brittle and dry, BUT may I be moldable so that when you want me to MOVE I will.  When you want me to do something, speak to someone , get on my knees and pray, that I simply WILL, NO HESITATION!  Forgive me for MY PRIDE....may I be obedient to your commands and your ways."  (Genesis 11:1-9)

No comments:

Post a Comment